Toronto Fire wants to make sure you’re protected from Carbon Monoxide this winter. If your home has a fuel-burning appliance, a fireplace or an attached garage, it is law that you must have a working CO alarm adjacent to each sleeping area of the home. For added protection, Toronto Fire recommends a CO alarm on every storey of the home, installed to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Some appliances that can emit carbon monoxide include:
hot water heaters
gas or wood fireplaces.
I can’t believe that we need to say this, but Toronto Fire also wants to remind you that portable fuel-burning space heaters, generators, barbeques should all be used outside ONLY.
More information on CO is available at: https://www.toronto.ca/community-people/public-safety-alerts/safety-tips-prevention/safety-equipment-devices/carbon-monoxide-alarms/